How to participate
You can register as a participant and come to Bratislava for the whole Gathering or for a part of it and simply enjoy the speeches, the informal talks in between the talks, common lunches and dinners and a rich social program.
Participant can contribute to the program and share their language learning know-how and best practices with other polyglots. We welcome speech proposals and workshop ideas related (but not exclusively) to the following topics:
- How to learn languages
- Exotic and minority languages
- Language policy
- Life as a polyglot
The call for paper is closed, thank you to everyone who proposed a talk or a workshop!
The Polyglot Gathering is an event for polyglots, run by polyglots, and it is the result of many hours of work of a lot of people. We welcome help from any volunteers who can help us, whether it’s before, during or after the gathering, be it for just a few hours or every day. It is not required that you speak Slovak or live in Slovakia. If you would like to help us and get a discount from the registration fee in exchange, please register as a participant and write in the Note how you would like to help. We’ll contact you by email afterwards. 🙂 Thank you!
All participants must be registered. It is advised to register in advance. People who are not registered will not have access to the session halls and exhibition area.
|Participant fees||The whole event||Per day|
|REGULAR until 31 March 2019||120 €||40 €|
|LATE after 1 April 2019 to 21 May 2019||140 €||45 €|
|ON SITE from 22 May 2019||160 €||50 €|
Early bird offer: the Polyglot Gathering 2019 T-shirt is free for the first 100 registered participants!
Students get a 50% discount provided they are less than 26 years of age at the beginning of the Gathering and produce a valid student ID card when registering.
Participants under 18 get a 75% discount.
The appropriate refunds will be made after the event with the following conditions:
- Until 31 March 2019: Full participant fee paid minus 20 € (for administrative charges) will be refunded.
- After 31 March 2019 and until 22 May 2019: 50% of participant fee paid will be refunded.
- After 22 May 2019: No refund will be made.
If you are prevented from attending, you will be given the opportunity to send a colleague in your place. Name changes should be notified in writing to email (firstname.lastname@example.org). A handling fee of 20 € will be charged for each name change. No name change will be possible after 22 May 2019.
Updating your registration
It is normally not possible to change the registration details you submitted when registering. However, if you really need to change something, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com with the change request.
Participant fees include:
- Access to the lectures
- Access to the social programs
- Conference bag
- Program book
- Coffee breaks
There is a possibility of having lunches at the Gathering venue together with other participants. When registering for the Gathering, you can choose whether you would like to order them or not. You can of course use the lunch breaks to go out and eat at places of your choice. However, please bear in mind that there are not many restaurants close to the university, and you will most probably need to use public transportation to get to them.
Also, the common meals are a great possibility to hang out with fellow polyglots outside of the lectures and get to know new people. The canteen is a very cozy place to get together and use the Gathering to its fullest potential.
- Lunch – 5,90 €: soup, main dish, salad, dessert
- Dinner – 4,90 €: main dish, salad, dessert
There are meaty, vegetarian and vegan options.
- Your spot at the Polyglot Gathering is not officially reserved until you pay the fees associated with your booking. Please make sure to pay within 14 days after your register, otherwise the registration becomes invalid.
- All fees for the Polyglot Gathering registration shall be paid in EUR (€), free of all bank charges!
- With the bank transfer, please kindly state the participant’s name in order to identify your payment.
- Payments received without name details cannot be identified.
- The full amount, free of any bank charges must be received. Bank transfers will be accepted until 22 May 2019 only.
- Please note: If your payment is not received before the deadline dates of 1 April or 22 May, the late or on-site fee respectively will be automatically applied for unpaid registrations or new requests.
Upon receipt of the correct participant fee (clear of all bank charges), each participant will receive a confirmation of registration.
|Beneficiary||E@I (if your bank doesn’t accept the @ symbol, you can write “EAI”)|
|Beneficiary address||Víťazná 840/67A|
SK-958 04 Partizánske
|Bank address||Februárová 152/1|
SK-958 01 Partizánske
Note: When sending money, please write “PG2019” and your name and surname in the field “Message for recipient”, e.g. “PG2019 John Smith”.
Note: If you use a foreign bank account to transfer money to the account in Slovakia, please arrange your transfer so that you, the sender, will pay the transfer cost (otherwise, you will need to pay us the transfer cost at the event, since it will have been deducted from the money that we received). If your bank account is not in euros, consider using TransferWise to avoid high transfer cost.
It is also possible to pay through PayPal to the address firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not forget to write “PG2019” and your name and surname (see above).
Note: when you send money through PayPal for a good or a service, PayPal usually takes a commission. Please arrange your transfer so that you, the sender, will pay the commission (otherwise, you will need to pay us the commission at the event, since it will have been deducted from the money that we received).