How to participate
You can register as a participant and come to Bratislava for the whole Gathering or for a part of it and simply enjoy the speeches, the informal talks in between the talks, common lunches and dinners and a rich social program.
To participate to the Polyglot Gathering, please fill in the registration form.
The Polyglot Gathering is a place where participants share their know-how with one another. We will soon have an official call for papers so you can present your ideas for talks and workshops yourself.
The Polyglot Gathering is an event for polyglots, run by polyglots, and it is the result of many hours of work of a lot of people. We welcome help from any volunteers who can help us, whether it’s before, during or after the gathering, be it for just a few hours or every day. It is not required that you speak Slovak or live in Slovakia. If you are willing to help in any way, please fill in the questionnaire which will soon appear here and we’ll get in touch 🙂 Thank you!
All participants must be registered. It is advised to register in advance. People who are not registered will not have access to the session halls and exhibition area.
|Participant fees||The whole event||Per day|
|REGULAR until 31 March 2018||120 €||40 €|
|LATE after 1 April 2018 to 22 May 2018||140 €||45 €|
|ON SITE from 23 May 2018||160 €||50 €|
Early bird offer: the Polyglot Gathering 2018 T-shirt is free for the first 100 registered participants!
Students get a 50 % discount provided they are less than 26 years of age at the beginning of the Gathering and produce a valid student ID card when registering.
The appropriate refunds will be made after the event with the following conditions:
- Before 31 March 2018: Full participant fee paid minus 20 € (for administrative charges) will be refunded.
- After 31 March 2018 and before 23 May 2018: 50% of participant fee paid will be refunded.
- After 23 May 2018: No refund will be made.
If you are prevented from attending, you will be given the opportunity to send a colleague in your place. Name changes should be notified in writing to email (email@example.com). A handling fee of 20 € will be charged for each name change. No name change will be possible after 23 May 2018.
Participant fees include:
- Access to the lectures
- Access to the social programs
- Conference bag
- Program book
- Coffee breaks
- Lunch – 5,90 €: soup, main dish, salad, dessert
- Dinner – 4,90 €: main dish, salad, dessert
There are meaty, vegetarian and vegan options.
- Your spot at the Polyglot Gathering is not officially reserved until you pay the fees associated with your booking.
- All fees for the Polyglot Gathering registration shall be paid in EUR (€), free of all bank charges!
- With the bank transfer, please kindly state the participant’s name in order to identify your payment.
- Payments received without name details cannot be identified.
- The full amount, free of any bank charges must be received. Bank transfers will be accepted until 23 May 2018 only.
- Please note: If your payment is not received before the deadline dates of 31 March or 23 May, the regular or late fee respectively will be automatically applied for unpaid registrations or new requests.
Upon receipt of the correct participant fee (clear of all bank charges), each participant will receive a confirmation of registration.
|Beneficiary||E@I (if your bank doesn’t accept the @ symbol, you can write “EAI”)|
|Beneficiary address||Víťazná 840/67A SK-958 04 Partizánske Slovakia|
|Bank address||OTP Banka Slovensko, a.s. Nám SNP 212/4 SK-958 01 Partizánske Slovakia|
Note: When sending money, please write “PG2018” and your name and surname in the field “Message for recipient”, e.g. “PG2018 John Smith”. Note: If you use a foreign bank account to transfer money to the account in Slovakia, please arrange your transfer so that you, the sender, will pay the transfer cost (otherwise, you will need to pay us the transfer cost at the event, since it will have been deducted from the money that we received).
It is also possible to pay through PayPal to the address firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not forget to write “PG2018” and your name and surname (see above).
Note: when you send money through PayPal for a good or a service, PayPal usually takes a commission. Please arrange your transfer so that you, the sender, will pay the commission (otherwise, you will need to pay us the commission at the event, since it will have been deducted from the money that we received).